Thursday, March 17, 2005

Today

Today has been a pretty good day. I am overwhelmed with voicemails and emails but have not lost my temper or burst into tears yet. Just to give you an idea of the amount of phone calls I get, yesterday in the span of three hours (hours that I was constantly on the phone) I got 27 voicemails. Today I have been trying to respond to those voicemails but have received 22 more voicemails in the process. Crazy! This weekend we have over 3700 people crossing the border into Mexico to build homes for families, it is very exciting! The whole Amor staff including myself is pretty much living at the office this weekend. As tired as I am, I am really looking forward to checking all the groups in and getting them across the border. I love feeling the excitement in the air when there are thousands of people standing outside of our office waiting to hop in their vans and go to Mexico. I love overhearing the teenage girls talk about how they are not going to use a real shower or toilet for a whole week. I just really love everything that this ministry does! Speaking of which, I better get back to returning my voicemails and emails...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you could use some help in your office!

alveolate said...

hey there... i hopped over after clicking the 'next blog' link from a friend's blog. just wanna say that your job seems quite meaningful! don't give up yea? take care & god bless!