Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Content or Bored?

Do you ever find yourself coasting through life completely content? Do you find yourself happy and when you look back at the end of each day, you realize that you laughed a lot and have some pretty incredible friends? Life is good and you have a lot to be thankful for, more than most people you know. And yet, after a while of feeling content you start forgetting to be thankful to the One who deserves the thanks. You grow so comfortable that you forget to spend any one on one time with the One who has given you this happiness. You grow bored reading His words simply because you are too focused on yourself and how life makes you feel.

I found myself in this place last week and am now working on pulling myself out of it. It has become very apparent to me that I have the ability to break God's heart and that is the last thing that I want to do. After all, He is the one who has blessed me with this incredible life and journey that I am on, I never could have gotten here on my own. I need to figure out how to be completely happy and still rely on God like I do when life is falling apart. Pray for me.

No comments: