Friday, April 20, 2007

Koh Tao

Last week was the Songkran Festival in Thailand. Chiang Mai celebrates this festival by having a huge water fight all around the city for a week. You cannot go out during the week without getting doused by water. The Centre closes down during this festival because students would rather be playing in the water than coming to class.

I took this opportunity to take a vacation and went to Koh Tao for a week. Koh Tao (translation:Turtle Island) is a small island in the Gulf of Thailand where you can stay in bungalows for ten dollars a night and do nothing but relax. It was fantastic. I swam in the ocean, laid on the beach and read books. It was wonderful. My ideal vacation is finding a place where I can sit and read without feeling like I should be doing something else, so this was the perfect vacation for me. I had a great time. I posted pictures of the island on my flickr account, check them out.

No comments: