Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tamara = Jerk, Brat, My Other Half

This morning I woke up and turned my computer on to check my email like I always do. My home page is iGoogle which is a personalized version of google. Everything loaded like normal but when I sat downed at looked at the screen, there were little ladybugs crawling around on it.

At that point, some of you may have thought, "Oh, the ladybugs are so cute!" My reaction was, "What the heck is wrong with google?" How do I get rid of them?!"

You see, my entire life I have been afraid of ladybugs. It is one of those unnatural fears that nobody understands but completely takes over a person. I have the same fear of butterflies and if I see either them or ladybugs, I run for cover. Unfortunately my first reaction when really scared is to freeze and burst into tears. There have been times in the past when they have landed on me and I have just stood there crying.

When we were growing up, Tamara used to love playing tricks on me to see if she could scare me enough to cry. One time when I was about 18 years old, I came home around midnight to a sleeping house and made my way to my bedroom on the second floor. When I opened my door, there was a man in a cape outside my window and and ladybugs drawn all over the window. Tamara had a life-sized cardboard cutout of Spock that she had dressed in a cape and hung from the roof outside my window. That along with the ladybugs had Tamara and I both in tears for quite a while, hers because of laughter and mine because of fear.

Anyway, all day today there were ladybugs crawling all over my computer and I couldn't figure out how to get rid of them. It drove me crazy!

Tonight I found out that Tamara hacked into my google account and added a gadget that produced the ladybugs. I should have guessed that it was her! She says that little sisters are supposed to do things like this.

Sometimes I wonder why I love her so very much! :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Ha ha ha!!! That's why we love her, right? I'd give her a high-five for that one for sure if I could!! So sorry for the trauma it caused you though, Jenni! Hee hee! Miss you, love you!

Allen said...

Oh my word. Why did I never hear about the Spock/Lady Bug prank? That's genius.

(p.s. If it makes you feel any better, Steph hates lady bugs too).