Friday, April 01, 2005

Book Recommendation?

I love to read, I would say that it is my favorite hobby. I will read anything that you put in front of me; books, magazines, newspapers, etc. I absolutely love to get lost in a story. No matter how stressed I am, I can pick up a book and immediately get lost in another world. I know that sounds cheesy, but it is true. One of the most wonderful things in life is to discover a great author and read all of their books. But lately I am at a loss for new reading material. I have read and reread every book on my shelf and I need some new material. I like all kinds of books so please recommend anything you love.

Some of my favorites are:

The Chronicles of Narnia
anything Harry Potter
The Lord of the Rings
anything by:
Madeleine Brent
Ted Dekker
Mary Higgins Clark

There are so many books that I love that I can't list them all. I love adventure and mystery books and I love heros (Harry Potter, Frodo, etc.)

By the way, if you love to read I recommend trying a book by Madeleine Brent. They are the most incredible stories that are constantly changing from adventure to adventure. My mom got me started on Brent's book when I was young and I have read them so many times that you'd think I would be bored by now, but I'm not.

Please recommend some books for me. Anything at all. I appreciate any input... THANKS!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you're looking for non-fiction, I'd recommend: China's Christian Millions by Tony Lambert. I'm reading it right now for my History of Missions class. Whoa.

Fiction... well, that's tougher... you can't go wrong with the classics: Count of Monte Cristo by Dumas. Les Miserables by Hugo. Lord of the Flies by Golding.

Let us know what you end up going with.

Anonymous said...

If you like Narnia, try his Perelandra trilogy.

FuManChu

Anonymous said...

hey jenny there is a new book for women by the man that wrote wild at heart wrote with his wife i am going to start it up with some girl friends if you decide to let me know we can email about it. i cant remember the name of it it starts with a "C" though. love you! <>< allie