Thursday, April 07, 2005

Laughed So Hard I Cried

Last night I was at Target with my friend Katie walking past the furniture section when suddenly I started laughing so hard that I could barely explain why. Being in that section of Target reminded me of a time when Tamara and I were shopping and she found a chair that she really wanted to buy. She asked me to sit in it and when I did, it flipped over and I was stuck upside down. I was yelling at Tamara to help me but she was laughing so hard that she was immobile and I ended up having to roll out of the chair on my own. It was all very embarrassing and very awkward, but the memory made me laugh so hard I cried.

On my way home from Target I was reflecting on when I had last laughed that hard. My first thought was that I could not remember laughing that hard and that made me sad. I know that I used to laugh a lot but have not been doing it much lately. But I continued to think about it and started remembering times not too far in the past. Last month Amor celebrated its 25th anniversary with a staff lunch in a nice restaurant. I was sitting next to Katie and at just the perfect moment, with my face two inches from hers and my mouth full of Pepsi, she made me laugh. As you can imagine, the Pepsi that was in my mouth ended up all over Katie. It was hilarious, probably more to me that to her. I laughed so hard I cried.

I feel like I could go on and on with memories of laughing that hard and that makes me smile. My life is good, I am surrounded by amazing friends, I have the most wonderful family in the world and I know a God who loves me and blesses me every day (and gives me moments where I laugh so hard I cry.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can recall plenty of times of laughter... good, hard laughter.