Thursday, May 05, 2005

Thailand

Sorry that I have not written in awhile, I have not been able to get onto my blog page for over a week. But it looks like it is working now, so I am back!

I have been talking to a woman by the name of Clair who along with her husband runs a ministry in Thailand called The Centre. They minister to college students through English classes, bible studies and by building relationships. The Centre is really just a fun place for Thai students to hang out and feel loved. Clair and I have been talking about me joining them for a year or two and helping with the ministry. I have been praying about it a lot and have decided to go ahead and start the application process. If everything works out (support raising, getting the necessary paperwork to live in Thailand, etc.), I will probably go over there at the end of the year. Clair has stated that they would like to have me as soon as I am able to come.

Right now I am feeling overwhelmed at the thought that I could be living on the other side of the world by the end of the year. But I am also really excited and a bit scared. I hate the thought of leaving my family but as hard as I try, I can't ignore the call of God. I was telling a friend the other day that sometimes I wish God would just call me to a normal life where I could stay close to family, have a regular job, get married and have a family and just be content. But for some reason that I cannot fathom, He has called me to follow Him across the world and leave all that normal stuff behind. He has made me a person that so far has never been content with my life because I know that there are people out there that need to be told His story and I can do that. Maybe some day I will settle down in a normal life but right now I am going to follow His call to Thailand.

Please keep me in your prayers as I am in the application process and will soon be raising money and getting ready to go. Thanks so much for your support! I'm excited!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an awesome opportunity. I wish that I had the same courageousness as you. I will continue to be praying for you and what God has in store for you.

Anonymous said...

That is great Jennifer what an opportunity that would be. :)

I have a new email address it's cheerfulmama@hotmail.com please give me an email when you get the chance. I'd love to add you to my email list so we can keep in contact ;) I can also give you the password for my website since it was made private.

I hope you are well :)

Aaras