Monday, February 02, 2009

My Sister, My Friend

Today I am officially older than my older sister. It feels strange and yet normal at the same time. Every time I think about it, I immediately think that it is wrong, I should never be older than Tiffany. But I am, so I accept it as weird and continue on with life. However, I can't help but think about all the times that I loved having an older sister when we were young and those thoughts cause me to miss her. February 14th will be the three year anniversary of her death and it still shocks me to my core when I realize that I will never see her again.

When we were young, there was always a picture hanging in our bedroom. Along with a photo of us was a poem that said, "My sister, my friend, our memories I'll cherish and love without end."

Here's to you Tiffany, I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again someday.

1 comment:

Laura said...

thinking of you on what was a bittersweet day.
events like this we can't help but miss our siblings even more but i must say the way you live your life and touch others honors Tiffany so much.
hugs!