Thursday, April 02, 2009

If You Get Lost Between The Moon And New York City...

That song's been running through my head for days, not sure why. :)

There is a letter that I have been trying to write since last August and I haven't been able to finish it. I've started it many times but I always end up throwing it away or setting it aside. It is a letter written to someone who really hurt me, someone who betrayed me in a way that cannot be forgotten. I have spent the past year and a half working on forgiving this person and I honestly have. However, I no longer want this person in my life and they don't seem to understand that. The letter that I have been trying to write is telling this person that we are no longer friends and asking this person not to contact or approach me again. I am struggling with how to find the words to state that without sounding accusing or angry. I want this person to understand that what they did is the reason why we can no longer be friends but I also don't want to judge or accuse. This person knows what they did and they don't need me to remind them. Anyway, I guess that the reason I am writing this post is to ask you to please hold me accountable. I have come to the point where I need friends bugging me until I get the letter done because I can't seem to be able to do it on my own. Even though this person hurt me, I hate the thought of hurting them back with my words. Please pray for me to find the right words and to get it done soon. And bug me until I get it done! :)

I just read back through that paragraph and I'm afraid that I sound judgmental and self-righteous. Please don't read it like that, but I don't know how else to phrase it. Thanks for listening!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

That is such a hard thing to do! I will be thinking and praying for you regarding your letter. I hope you will feel relief once it is done.

Celestial Freak said...

I would think if that person knew what they did to you and knew you saw it as wrong that there shouldn't be much more words that you need to say.

You need your friendships to be trustworthy, honest, and supportive.

I wish I had the right words to encourage you to write that letter. I pray you'll have the strength and ability to say what you need to tactfully, it's a hard burden to know that things need to be cut off and then to struggle with how to do that.

I hope getting the letter finished and sent will be the right kind of closer you need to heal from whatever it was that was done to you.