Sunday, April 05, 2009

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Okay it wasn't really all that bad, but it wasn't fun either. And who can resist the "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" books, they were my favorite as a kid!

Anyway, the day that I am referring to was Friday. I woke up in the morning and went to the hospital to get my foot fixed. I have this problem that the doctors tell me is a blood vessel that makes it's way to the surface of my foot and pokes out. It sounds gross but doesn't really look that bad. In fact I often think that maybe it is just a wart, but who am I to question multiple doctors? :) I've had this problem for about ten years and two years ago I had a minor procedure done to remove the problem. They cut my foot open, removed the problem and then seared my foot closed again. All was good until about two months ago when the problem returned. I tried to ignore it but it hurts and bleeds a lot. So I went back to the doctor on Friday. He cut my foot open again, dug deeper this time, fixed the problem, sewed it closed on the inside, left the outside open (which seems weird) and sent me on my way with crutches, bandages and instructions not to walk or get it wet for at least a week.

I was leaving the hospital on my motorbike, which was difficult with the injured foot, but I drove slowly. I was driving right in front of the hospital when suddenly another driver on his motorbike hit me. I am completely confused about what happened because it happened so fast. There was a guy on my right side on his motorbike and out of nowhere he turned left right into me. His side mirror hit me in the stomach so hard that the front of his bike broke off. I veered to the left, stopped and grabbed my stomach in pain. I turned around and saw that the guy who hit me was down. However he quickly got up, grabbed the pieces of his bike, apologized and ran off. I'm pretty sure that he was embarrassed about the whole thing, but I wish that he had stuck around long enough for me to find out if he was okay. I sat on the side of the road for about ten minutes before getting back on my bike and driving to The Centre.

So, now I am hobbling around on crutches with a cut open foot and a massive bruise on my stomach. And I have to say that Friday was not a very good day.

And tomorrow is the first day of youth camp where I have to run around playing games and taking pictures. Hmmm, should be an interesting week... :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh man, Jenni! Well, all in all I'm glad you're ok. What a way to start the weekend! Love ya!

Katester said...

Jen! What if you have internal bleeding?! I know no one who has your luck with stuff like this. Maybe you should pad yourself in packing bubbles? :)

Shawn Passwaters said...

Welcome to THUNDERDOME! I remember Thailand: hot, busy, hot. Did I mention hot? But very pretty, with lots of nice people. And you riding a moped with crutches just sounds like sound preemptive planning!

gwill said...

At least it wasn't Tijuana! He would have tried to extort money from you for his broken bike!