Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Thancian

Day 8 (Thursday): Today I'm thankful for Ya and her amazing, homemade chicken and vegetable soup. I'm thankful for Aon bringing me the soup for lunch and making me get out of bed to eat it. I have great friends to take care of me when I'm sick!!

Day 9 (Friday): I'm thankful for the rain and thankful that it brings the temperature down into the 90's. I'm thankful for the strong, cool wind that kicks up now and then and ravages my yard but brings relief from the heat.

Day 10 (Saturday): I'm thankful for Supernatural and for Dean and Sam. See previous post for more details. :)

Day 11 (Sunday): Today I'm thankful for the storm raging outside. I'm thankful for the thunder that booms so loud that the whole house shakes and the electricity flickers off and on. I'm thankful for the lightening that makes the night look like the middle of the day and the beauty of it tearing across the sky. I'm thankful for the wind and the coolness it brings, although I'd appreciate it if it would stop picking up my front gate and throwing it across the yard. I'm thankful for the rain, the way it smells and the way the sound overpowers everything else. Thank you God for this storm, it is by far my favorite weather! Oh, and I'm thankful for yellow noodles and red pork.

Day 12 (Monday): I'm thankful for Wor and the friendship we have shared for the past three and a half years. I pray that her new life in a new place is everything the dreams it will be.

Day 13 (Tuesday): I have to admit that today I am having trouble being thankful for anything. I've had pneumonia for about a week and a half and I am pretty tired of it. I just want it to go away so that I can go back to my life. Having said that, I am thankful that I have a job that understands and lets me take time off when I'm sick. I'm sorry that I'm not there but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want me running the coffee shop and coughing all over every drink I make.

No comments: