Friday, August 14, 2009

It'll Change Your Life

I've always heard people talking about Macs like they were an incredible new species. They said things like "it will change your life" and "once you use a Mac, you'll never go back." I always thought that was weird, I mean, it is just a computer after all. I totally didn't understand where these people were coming from.

A few months ago my Dell died, really died. I'd been researching computers for several months already because the Dell was terminally ill for about a year. I wanted a computer that would be beneficial to my photography, amongst other things, and my final conclusion was that I needed a Mac. So, a few months ago I invested in the new Macbook and spent the following few weeks completely lost whenever I sat in front of it. I am still finding things on a regular basis that I didn't know it did and really wish that I could take a class or something. A friend set me up with Adobe Photoshop CS, Elements and Lightroom for my photos and I am currently learning how to use them. Well, I am learning how to use Lightroom (and absolutely loving it) but still way too intimidated by Photoshop! I bought a green cover for her (yes, the Mac is a her) to protect her and to make her pretty (green is by far the best color in the world).

And I have to say, this Mac HAS CHANGED MY LIFE and I"LL NEVER GO BACK!! Seriously, I can't believe how attached I am! BTW, her name is Lynn...



3 comments:

plainolebob said...

gotta love them mac's, but a girl name? Ok i'll buy it. but mostly it is nice to see some one else makes connections like that for word and emotion definitions.

Bethany said...

... another one bites the dust! Welcome to the wonderful (though admittedly sometimes infuriating) world of Mac. Make sure you get your protection care plan. And enjoy discoveries (like speakable items!).

Jennifer said...

thanks for the welcome bethany, i really love it!

and bob, yes she's a girl! doesn't she look like a girl? :)