Sunday, October 28, 2007

Quest

I have spent the last three months on a quest that has taken me all over Chiang Mai. I have searched in little known areas, passed through many doorways, climbed ladders and crawled on my hands and knees all in search of one little thing. One small, little item that could easily fit into my purse and yet remains completely elusive.

What small item has taken me on this quest you ask? Well some of you know that I love to read more than almost anything in the world. A few months ago someone said that I should read the Jason Bourne books; they said I would really like them. I thought that they were probably right because I love the Bourne movies so, why not read the books. Why not?

Why not?

Why not? Well, the answer to that question is that I cannot find the first book anywhere! Today I went to six different bookstores looking for The Bourne Identity and apparently it doesn't exist anywhere in the whole world. (That may have been an exaggeration.) Over the past three months, I have searched so many bookstores and I am starting to get annoyed.

One of the things I love so much about Chiang Mai is all the used bookstores. There are so many and they are a haven for me. If I am stressed or worried or just need to escape for awhile, I go to the used bookstores. But now, for the first time in two years, they have failed me.

Why me? Why must I fail this quest?...

:)

1 comment:

Celestial Freak said...

I love used bookstores too, but with a frustration like that I'd look it up on Amazon.com

I've personally sold tons of books, and bought quite a few used books there. Also, a fellow blogger recently told me about this site called book mooch where people can trade books. I've personally not checked it out yet, but it might be worth a try.

http://bookmooch.com/