Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Attack Of The Killer Cats

Okay, so maybe not actually "killer" but the rest of the title is true.

This morning around 5am, I couldn't sleep so I got out of bed and went into the living room. A couple minutes later I heard Sammy (one of my dogs) barking and crying in the spare bedroom (doesn't that make you think of narnia?). I went in there to see what the problem was and saw a flash of fur run behind a chair. My first thought was that I had a giant street rat (they are bigger than my dogs) in my house. I "calmly" picked up Sammy in one hand and Gracie in the other and closed them in my bedroom. I then went back into the spare bedroom (narnia) and cautiously looked behind the chair, only to find a very terrified cat hiding there. I coaxed it out and let it run outside before sitting down and thinking, "What the heck just happened? Why is there a cat in my house and how long has it been there? This is very strange!" (Another strange thing is that my roommate slept through the entire ordeal.)

All day long I kept thinking about that cat and how weird the situation was.

Flash forward to 8:30pm this evening.

I was sitting on my couch reading a book when I heard a cat outside. Unfortunately, both of my dogs heard the cat as well and both took off after it. After a moment I walked to the front door, opened it to see what was going on and a cat streaked into my house, being chased by both my dogs. Again, "What the heck just happened? Why is there a cat in my house?..." The cat quickly ran back outside, only to jump up into the undercarriage of my truck. Again, I picked up Sammy in one hand and Gracie in the other and shut them in the house. I then proceeded to coax the cat out of the undercarriage of my truck and onto safe ground on the other side of the fence.

Okay, so maybe "attack" is not the best word for the title either, but you have to agree with me that these are weird circumstances, right?

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Maybe the cat wanted to find Reepacheep in the land of Spare Oom.

Unknown said...

I don't know why you would think it strange, Dr. Doolittle.