Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Danger of Harry Potter

Those of you who know me well, know that I absolutely love Harry Potter! I have read the books so many times that I have lost count and I have all seven books in mp3 format on my ipod. Well, I have recently discovered that Harry Potter may in fact be dangerous for me.

The other morning I was driving my truck and listening to Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone on the cd player. I was driving along completely engrossed in the story and pulled over to the side of the road to park. Unfortunately I was paying more attention to Harry than I was to the road because suddenly I felt the truck lurch downward on the left side. I had driven the left front tire of the road and into a ditch just wide enough for the tire to wedge in. I slowly reached forward, turned Harry off and said, "God, what do I do now?" before getting out to look at the damage. The so-called ditch was actually a gutter the width of my tire and about a foot and a half deep. There was no way to drive out of it. I stood there staring at it, wondering what to do when a truck loaded with about 15 construction workers pulled up next to me. I said, "Thank you God!" to myself before saying, "Korh tote ka. Korh tote ka." (this translates to I'm sorry and is the polite way to get someone's attention) to the men. I nicely asked them if they could lift my truck out of the ditch for me and within five minutes the problem was fixed. God totally took care of me and there was no damage to my truck except a slight dent in the front bumper from the wall next to the ditch.

The moral of this story: it is not safe for me to listen to Harry Potter while driving or doing anything that requires my full attention.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

And this is how I know we are related.
(not that I doubted it before.)
RIDIKULOUS!

Allen said...

This makes me laugh. A lot.

Thanks Rowling!