Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's a blurry world out there!

First of all, sorry that I scared you Crystal! (I wrote on twitter that I may be going blind and didn't think through the fact that it sounded so serious...)

But seriously, my eyesight is getting really bad. I have been wearing glasses since I was five years old so my eyesight has never been good. I was one of those nerdy kids with thick glasses hanging on a string in elementary school. However, in the last couple months it seems to be getting worse and this week it is driving me crazy! I can't seem to focus on anything that is even remotely close to me. This is really horrible for me because my drug of choice is reading, I can't live without it. Today I was trying to read something and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't focus. I took my contacts out and put my glasses on, it didn't help. I kept rubbing my eyes trying to get the blurriness out, it didn't help. I repeatedly shut my eyes really tight and them opened them really wide, it didn't work. Nothing works and it is so frustrating that I want to scream!

Seriously frustrating...

Maybe I am just getting old...

My goal is to find an English speaking optometrist this week...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't want to be an alarmist, but sudden vision change like you described can be a symptom of diabetes. I would get your blood sugar checked as well as your eyes. That's how Shawn found out he was diabetic - he suddenly needed new glasses.

Celestial Freak said...

I second what Wendy said. Especially considering you had such a diet change while you were in the states. That could have been the start of blood sugar issues when you were feeling so sluggish and blah from the junk. You did better with the produce only diet, and that would make sense too.

When was the last time you had your eyes checked?

Oh, and my sister started wearing glasses at 3. I felt bad for her. She was wearing them before she was even able to be mature enough to not destroy them. Ah, memories. Anyway...

I'm not as alarmed now, but I do still think it's a bit of a concern. I agree with Wendy.