Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sarah Lee

Last year I worked at The Centre with a guy named, Jesse. His teenage sister was in a car accident a couple weeks ago and really needs prayer. I've been keeping up to date every day on her progress by going to this website. The following is the story of what happened.

Sarah was a passenger in a car accident on Sunday, October 5th. The accident happened in Shoreview at roughly 3 pm at the intersection of Hodgson Road and County Road I. She is currently at Gillette Childrens Hospital in St. Paul and getting excellent care from the staff here. If you wish to help, visit http://sarahleebenefitfund.blogspot.com

"Sarah was in the back passenger seat of her friends car on October 5th when it was broadsided by a woman driving an SUV at the intersection of County Road I and Hodgson Road. She had to be cut out of the car by the Firefighters. She was taken by ambulance to Regions Hospital in St. Paul. She had a breathing tube put in during her ride in the ambulance. The ER doctor said she was showing physical signs of head trauma so they immediately started Sarah on medications to control/reduce the swelling of her brain. She was given a CT scan which showed no immediate internal bleeding causing the brain pressure, but rather many smaller locations of brain injury causing the swelling. The doctor said this is severe head trauma. After being stabilized, she was moved to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at Gillette Hospital, located within the Regions Hospital building. Their where 3 other friends in the car with her. Driver is ok. 1 girl has a broken collarbone. Front passenger had a punctured lung, ruptured spleen, damage to the kidney. broken ribs, and fractured pelvis. He has surgeries upcoming but they are pretty confident he will make a full recovery from what I have heard.

We place our trusts in these truths.... 'And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus' Phil 4:19 Isaiah 41: 10 'fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you,I will uphold you with my righteous right hand'"

You can get updates on the website. Basically, she is still in a coma which leaves the doctors guessing on how much brain trauma was experienced. Jesse (my friend from The Centre) works for YWAM in Australia and has flown home to be with his family during this time. When I first heard about it a couple weeks ago, I couldn't help but sympathize with Jesse a little because I remember what it was like to be on the other side of the world and get a phone call saying something happened to my sister. Luckily, for Jesse and his family, Sarah is still holding on but needs lots of prayer. Please lift her up in prayer.

No comments: