Friday, October 17, 2008

Or is it walking in my sleep again?

When I was a teenager, I would occasionally walk in my sleep. I would wake up in different rooms of the house and wonder how I got there. My parents would have stories of conversations I had with them in the middle of the night and I would have no memory of them. Fortunately, the sleep walking stopped as I got older. Until now.

When I was visiting my parents last month, my mom found me sleep walking three nights in a row. I got up one morning to have breakfast with mom and dad and found my bible sitting on the kitchen table. I wondered out loud how it got there and my mom told that I had been sitting there reading it in the middle of the night. Who knew I was so spiritual?

This morning I woke up and walked to the kitchen table to use my laptop, but it wasn't there. I looked all over the house (easy because it is a pretty small house) and couldn't find it. I had a sudden, very disturbing thought that someone had broken into my house while I was asleep and stolen my computer. I started looking around the house to see if anything else was missing and I found a banana peel on the couch and a dvd playing on the tv. What kind of thief eats a banana and watches a movie before stealing my computer? As I asked myself that question, I wandered into my bedroom and found my laptop sitting on the floor between my bed and the wall. What kind of a thief eats a banana, watches a dvd and then sneaks my laptop into my bedroom where I am sleeping?

I have absolutely no memory of the banana, the movie or moving the laptop, but obviously I did it. And I am not ashamed to admit that I am totally freaking myself out! What else have I done in my sleep?

1 comment:

Celestial Freak said...

Poor thing, I wonder if that's just sheer exhaustion mixed with a feeling that more needs to be done?

At least you didn't make any sleep walk induced embarrassing comments on a blog or something. Did you check the history? That's what I'd be curious about. And last files save to the hard-drive.

I think it's great that you read your bible during your sleep walking!