Friday, December 19, 2008

Wish I Had A River I Could Skate Away On

That song seems to be the Christmas song that is perpetually stuck in my head this season. Good thing I like it!

Christmas is only six days away now and I can't help but be excited and a little sad at the same time. This will be my 30th Christmas and the first one I have ever spent away from family. When I was living in San Diego, working in Mexico, I always made it to my parent's house for Christmas. The last couple years that I have been living in Thailand, I've made it to their house for Christmas. And now, here I am in Chiang Mai knowing that I will be have a world away from my beloved family next Thursday. When I first made the plan to stay here for Christmas, I thought that it would be really hard. And yet due to the busyness of the season, it has been a lot easier than expected. I am so blessed. I have an amazing job, a wonderful church family, fantastic friends, a great Thai family and not much time to be sad.

Not trying to get your sympathy but, it has been hard to watch everyone around me get cards and boxes in the mail from their friends and family for Christmas while I haven't received any. (Okay, maybe I am looking for a little bit of sympathy! )

But I still can't help but feel excited for the season and so happy to serve such a great God!

Merry Christmas to all of you, I pray that your heart is full of joy and the Christmas spirit!

1 comment:

Celestial Freak said...

If it's any consolation, you ARE getting a card from Kevin and I. We're just delayed in getting our cards out the door.
Sorry this is a hard year for you.
Love,
Cryss