Friday, May 04, 2007

I love moms

Wor's mom came to Chiang Mai yesterday to spend a couple days here. Let me just say that I love Wor's mom, she is really cool. I was out to dinner last night with some students and while walking back to The Centre, mom jumped out from behind a wall and threw her arms around me. Wor said that she had been waiting to surprise me and was really excited to see me. She doesn't speak English and I don't speak Thai but somehow we always manage to communicate. When I said goodbye to her last night, she gave me two hugs and two kisses. Today I went to Wor's house to talk to her because I was having a bad day and needed someone to talk to. As soon as mom saw me she ran out and gave me a hug and a kiss and then upon seeing that I was frustrated, taught me to breathe deeply and do a little dance to relieve stress. It was great. When I left she told that she loved me (in English) and gave me another hug and kiss.

This may not seem like a big deal but I live on the other side of the world from my mom and I miss her a ton. I don't get kissed and hugged by a mom often so this made my week. It made me miss my mom even more but I wouldn't trade the hugs and kisses for anything. I love moms.

No comments: