Saturday, May 12, 2007

Only five more months of this

The rainy season started early this year. It's been raining for days. A battle rages in me about whether I love or hate the rain. I love falling asleep to the sound of rolling thunder at night. I love curling up on the couch and reading a book to the sound of pouring rain. I love the lightening that is so big it is almost like the sun shines again for a moment in the middle of the night. I hate that my roof is leaking directly over my bed. I hate that my fingers and toes look like raisins by the time I arrive anywhere on my motorcycle. I hate having to drive really slow because the rain in coming down so hard that I can barely see through the visor on my helmet. I hate that I never seem to dry out. And there are five more months of this.

No comments: