Sunday, November 11, 2007

Naps: Helpful or Hurtful?

I am exhausted. Today my alarm went off at 6:30am and I wanted to cry because I was so tired. But I got up, got ready, went to church, ran the sound, sat and had coffee with friends and somehow made it back home again. I sat and did some work for about an hour before I couldn't help but crawl back into bed. And I slept. And I slept. And I slept for three hours. It is now almost 6:30pm and I am barely awake. Isn't it amazing how naps sometimes leave us feeling more tired than before? I am struggling to stay awake and my plans for the evening have totally been cancelled. It is going to be an early night.

Sorry that this may be the most boring post ever, but I am too tired to come up with anything cute or witty today.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

Clair Boone @ www.mummydeals.org said...

you know a friend of mine once asked a doctor what gives on naps. here's what she was told:
you have to sleep for either 30 mins of 1 1/2 hours. nothing else will help. the former is so that your body can rest but doesn't enter REM and knock your schedule off. the latter is so that you get some REM but not too much. so there ya have it!