Friday, November 21, 2008

Flasher

Quote of the day:

"Jen, let me play a Madonna song while you flash us."

I'm tempted to just leave it at that for comedic purposes but I feel the need to explain it in order to keep my title of "missionary". Tonight I was at youth group and we hosted a really great band from Singapore called "Giants Must Fall." I was taking pictures at the event and at one point I went outside to where some of the kids were selling drinks and took some photos there.

One of the boys, Alex, pipes up above the noise, "Jen, let me play a Madonna song while you flash us."

At this point, every person outside starts laughing hysterically except for Alex. I had a momentary thought that I probably shouldn't encourage this at a church event but it was just too funny to pass up. A moment later, Alex realized what he said and through laughter tried to explain that he meant the flashes from my camera.

About ten minutes later, I had one of the male leaders of the group go outside and explain to Alex that he was in trouble for his inappropriate comments to a female leader. The whole thing was hilarious and made my night!

No comments: