Thursday, November 20, 2008

Once Upon A Time...Happily Ever After

Most of you know that I love movies, pretty much all movies. But there is a special place in my heart for a certain type of movie. Movies on the Disney Channel. Movies that are made for television. Movies that start with "Once upon a time" and end with "happily ever after." Movies where the underdog wins and the boy gets the girl. Movies that teach you an important life lesson. Movies with catchy tunes and people dancing around singing them. Movies that don't even go near the subject of sex and are free of bad language. Movies that are family friendly.

Movies that are made for children warm my 29.5 year old heart and continually put a smile on my face. I watch them over and over again until I can quote them and sing along to the soundtrack and I never seem to grow tired of them.

However, I have finally met my match. Last night I couldn't sleep so I woke up in the middle of the night and turned the television on. I watched a movie called Picture This starring Ashley Tisdale of High School Musical fame. I'd like to state that I am a huge fan of High School Musical. I have the DVDs and Soundtracks and pretty much know them by heart, and I'm not ashamed to admit any of that. So, I had high hopes for Picture This and those hopes were ruthlessly crushed. Maybe it was because it was the middle of the night and I wanted to be sleeping. Maybe it is one of those movies that is best when watched with others. Maybe the acting was just really bad. This movie was, in my opinion, really dumb. I actually strruggled to get through it, which is difficult because I am usually pretty easy to please. I have only ever walked away from one movie because of how stupid it was and I was repeatedly tempted to walk away from Picture This. I sit here now, 14 hours later, and wonder who put forth the money to pay for this movie. I am dumbfounded.

And yet, the boringness (is that a word?) was just what I needed to be able to climb into bed and fall fast asleep. Thanks Ashley!

1 comment:

Celestial Freak said...

Poor Ashley Tisdale, at least you like the HSM stuff.

Actually I used to be known to tune out to the Disney Channel a fair amount when we had it.

From the trailer I saw for this movie it looks like the same old tired story done in movies like Mean Girls, Cinderella, and everything else in between. I probably would have tuned into this movie at some point, but now I'm not so sure.